William will hopefully finish his antibiotics tomorrow. He's been out of the oxygen most the day but needed a bit more this evening because his levels were a bit low when he slept due to his chest infection. Can't remember if I mentioned before but our consultant is going on leave for a year in July. The doctor who will be taking over for the year is one we know pretty well and who we like a lot. She came in to see us today and had a good chat about what had happened. She thinks the episode was most likely either a fit or that he had mucus stuck in his throat blocking his airways. I think he'll be in hospital for a little while longer until he really gets over the chest infection and doesn't need the oxygen anymore. We might get to see his current consultant tomorrow which would be good.
This evening Steve and I were talking about what happened on Saturday. Have you ever heard that when you go through a traumatic event your brain releases some chemicals to numb it from your memory so it doesn't traumatise you? Well it turns out my brain had sort of done that! Steve was telling me that when I went to get William out of his car seat when we were driving along I started saying "oh my life, oh my life, oh my life", then when I passed William to Steve in the front once we'd pulled over I was crying "I think he's dead". I had totally forgotten all this until he said. It brings back the absolute horror of that moment.
On a very separate note...this morning I was just about ready to leave the house when I needed to go the loo. As i walked up the stairs i felt a stone in my shoe, but somewhere in my head I thought I hope it's not a spider. I got upstairs and presumably because i suspected it might be a spider i took my boot off and threw it across the floor. As i did so a rather large squashed spider fell out. The spider must have got in my boot in the night and I had walked around for a good 15 mins with it in there without realising. For someone with an absolute phobia of spiders this was definitely not a good thing to happen. I spent the next five minutes hyperventilating and trying to talk to Steve on the phone through my terrified cries. Plus I have lost my voice at the moment so he really had no idea what I was trying to say. I managed to leave the house in a different pair of shoes feeling very creeped out the whole drive to hospital. Thankfully my wonderful in laws came round the house and cleared up the spider, hoovered out all my shoes and checked around for any friends spider no.1 might have been harbouring. I spent the whole journey to hospital feeling like Job, everything was against me, but feel a bit calmer about the whole ordeal now. Boy do I hate spiders.
Oh and I forgot....today William had fun with the mobile sensory unit...


![]() |
| All that sensory play made me very sleepy. |





No comments:
Post a Comment