![]() |
| Baby William in his new bed |
We've had William's bed since he was 15 months old. A lovely big profiling bed that has been such a massive help to us. It's been one of our longest serving pieces of equipment. William's bed is the one place where he calms down when he's grumpy and tired. He has always loved his bed and I've always believed he somehow knows his bed. He spends more time in his bed than anywhere else. Every night we shut William into his big cot and hope he'll stay safe until the morning.
For me, William's bed has always been the piece of equipment I always thought I'd struggle the most to see leave when William goes.
| Big William on his last night in his bed |
I didn't think this bed would go before William so it felt really strange seeing it dismantled this morning and carried out. I took many photos of it yesterday so I'd remember it properly. It all seems to strange to feel so emotional about a change to a piece of furniture but, for me, the emotions of caring for a life limited child get so entwined with everything around him.
But onwards and upwards, the new bed is in, its much more practical (if a lot less pretty) and has allowed me to move all of William's bedroom around which always makes me happy!

I hope he loves this one as much as the old one! Xx
ReplyDeleteHope William sleeps well in it xxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi Helen.
ReplyDeleteDon't be too harsh on yourself, William comes with lots of things and they're all part of him,his comfort and his life.
Love Lynn William and Katherine xxx