Saturday, 16 April 2011

A day in the life of the Carlson's...from an Aunty's perspective

Why hello there...what a privilege to be the first guest writer on the Carlson blog. I'm Helen's sister and that qualifies me to be Williams Aunt. I've been staying with Helen, Steve, William, Tango and Max since Thursday and they have asked me to write a little entry into the blog from my perspective.

I arrived on Thursday evening and William was fast asleep in his cot looking as cute as ever. It's been almost 5 weeks since I saw him last and WOW he has grown.

On Friday morning Steve got up to feed William at 6 and then walked the dogs and headed out to work. Helen and I had some chill time in bed with William before getting up and feeding him again. Helen had planned  a busy day for us but William was having quite a lot of fits so we slowed the plans down a little. We headed for a walk in the park, a shop round Waitrose and then a trip to the crocodile park. In the evening Helen and Steve headed off to the theatre leaving me for my first solo baby sitting shift. I was slightly nervous when they left but I took William up to bed and within 10 minutes he was fast asleep.

Today William was visited by Steve's cousin Andrew and his wife Sarah. We then took a family walk and then Helen and I had some sister time in town.

You may be thinking why on earth I'm boring you with a description of our last two days but I wanted to share the normality that Helen and Steve try and bring to their lives and I have found that amazing. I've been thinking this weekend how easy it would be to just sit in the house with William..especially over the past few days whilst he's been having a lot of fits. Helen and Steve have developed this ability to just get on with it, regardless of the fact that William is a really hard baby to care for, he's currently on 7 different medicines and that doesn't count the multiple doses of most medicines.

I know Helen and Steve struggle and find it hard at times but as I spend more time with the three of them I've realised how adaptable they are and I think my sister and brother (in law) are a lot stronger and braver than they think they are and definitely more then I could ever be!!
Willis and I meeting the crocodiles!

1 comment:

  1. Fab first guest blog :-) And I agree - they are a lot braver and stronger than I could ever be too. And doing an amazing job as mummy and daddy xx

    ReplyDelete